Under the Data Protection Act 2018, Pointe Ahead Pilates is obliged to follow the ‘data protection principles’ and ensure that all information is:
- Used fairly, lawfully and transparently.
- Used for specified, explicit purposes.
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept for no longer than is necessary.
- Handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage.
In the event that we are provided with any of the following we are obliged to keep this confidential:
- Ethnic background
- Political opinions
- Religious beliefs
- Trade Union Membership
- Biometrics (where used for identification
- Sex life or orientation
Any paperwork will be stored in a locked filing cabinet at 10a Rutland Square, Edinburgh, EH1 2AS. Any electronic forms will be kept in a password secure One Drive folder. Any photos or videos taken will be kept private unless without prior written consent to be released publicly. All our teachers have their own public Liability Insurance and Pointe Ahead Ltd has additional insurance to cover the premises. Any information or data will be kept confidential and not released to any other individual or organisation without prior written consent.